SITE MANAGER – SOUTHERN REGION
NMC is an independent surfacing and civil engineering contractor that provides nationwide coverage for some of the leading blue-chip companies, including Tesco, Asda, McArthurGlen and BT to name but a few, from our network of regional offices.
Our clients rely upon our specialist knowledge and a flexible approach to support and deliver their project objectives. We have established long-term partnerships that are based on trust and understanding.
Site Manager – Surfacing & Civil Engineering
Our business is continually growing and as a result of this growth we have a further opening for a Site Manager (Surfacing/Civil Engineering), this person will travel to customer sites covering our southern regional projects.
- You will work closely with the Regional & Contract Managers in the initial planning stages and attend any pre-contract meetings with clients.
- You will have the ability to plan the project including resources, plant, labour and materials as well as agreeing details of site layout, phasing and welfare facilities.
- You will have a full understanding of the Construction Phase Plan.
- You will liaise with clients and report any variations and communicate materials or plant variations with the procurement department.
- As well as collating all photographs of each phase of the plan along with submitting daily costings
You will have experience of managing a small team and working within budgets and specifications as well as the design phase input. You understand that H&S is paramount and fully drive all customer and NMC policies in relation to Health, Safety, Quality and environmental. The ideal candidate will have a positive can do attitude, with the ability to drive and motivate your site team as well as managing non-conformance. You must hold the following:
- Full driving licence
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a current CSCS card
- Have experience of managing a small team
- Site surfacing and civil engineering knowledge, ideally within a retail environment
- You will ideally hold either SMSTS or SSSTS
This is an exciting opportunity to join NMC, in return for the right candidate we offer a competitive salary dependent on experience, with opportunity for further development and career growth. Pension scheme, the option to join our private medical care scheme and 25 days annual leave.